2020 Volunteer Sign-up Coming Soon! Please stay tuned.
Join the Friends of Pete Team for PeteFest Music Festival and become a part of the festival! Please read the volunteer requirements and information below, and the PeteFest Volunteer Waiver and Release of Liability before signing up. Volunteer positions will be assigned based on festival needs.
Volunteering at PeteFest is simple:
- Step 1: Buy a ticket (We need to know you are coming! We’ll refund this later.)
- Step 2: Fill out the form.
- Step 3: Volunteer!
Ticket refunds are issued after the festival and are eligible upon the completion of your shift(s). You also have the option to donate your ticket refund directly to The Pete Foundation.
Don’t just attend PeteFest; be a part of it! In exchange for becoming a PeteFest volunteer, you’ll receive a full refund on your ticket purchase. Plus, when you’re not working, you get to experience the festival.
What are the requirements to be a Volunteer at PeteFest Music Festival?
- Volunteers must be 18 years or older on or before their volunteer date.
- You will be required to pay the cost of a ticket up front for the day(s) you are interested in volunteering. If you’re interested in volunteering all 3 days – buy a weekend pass. (If you choose to purchase a VIP weekend pass and choose to volunteer, you will be refunded the general admission cost and not receive the VIP extra cost in your refund – but get all of the VIP perks, of course!)
Once you have purchased your ticket, fill out and submit the volunteer sign-up form. You will receive a confirmation email for your submission, and we’ll contact you later to confirm your exact shift schedule and area.
- Please provide a valid email address at the time of registration. This will be the main way that we communicate with you.
- Volunteers must be on time for all shifts. Please check in at the front gate 15 minutes before your shift.
- Volunteers must wear sturdy, closed-toe shoes.
- Volunteers will be provided a lanyard to wear while working and are required to take it off while not working.
- There is a zero tolerance policy for the usage of alcohol for volunteers on duty.
- While on your shift, if you are caught under the influence, you will lose your access to the festival. Please wait until after your shift for that type of fun!
What are the shifts like?
All volunteer shifts are 3 hours. You get one free day for every shift you work, so if you want a free weekend pass, you’ll work 3 shifts.
Where will I be working? Can I choose where I will be placed?
Shifts in each department fill up on a first come, first serve basis. Additional shifts may open up closer to the festival if/when someone cancels.
What are the perks of being a PeteFest volunteer?
- Attend the festival at your leisure outside of your work shifts
- Participate in the inner-workings of the 2020 PeteFest Music Festival
- Have an awesome experience all while supporting a great cause!
Why do I have to purchase a ticket before I can volunteer?
By buying a ticket, it shows us that you’re committed to being at the event. After you’ve checked in and completed your shift – all tickets will be refunded within 5 business days after the event.
My bestie is also volunteering. Can you coordinate my shift with his or hers?
You have the option in the sign-up form to indicate a friend you’d like to work with. You will each need to buy a ticket and fill out the form separately. Keep in mind that with so many volunteers and many varied needs, we cannot guarantee that you will share assignments with your friends, but we will certainly try!
When do I show up for my shift?
Please arrive 15 minutes before your assigned volunteer shift begins and be ready to work. As we get closer to the big weekend, additional details will be sent via email about checking in for your shift(s).
What if I have to cancel?
If you need to cancel, be sure to let us know AS SOON AS POSSIBLE via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. However, remember per ticketing guidelines, tickets are non-refundable.
I have a special skill set to offer, how can I best let you know?
If you have special skills that would make you a better fit for a certain crew area, please note that on the sign-up form.
Is transportation or accommodation provided?
No. All volunteers are responsible for their own transportation to and from the festival. Feel free to camp on site and spend the weekend with us!
I already bought a ticket, but I would still like to help out for a few hours. Can I do that?
Yes! You can sign up to volunteer any time after you purchase a ticket. Just be sure to use the ticket number when filling out the form.
When will I get my refund?
Refunds will be honored after PeteFest weekend and shifts have been checked in for up to 5 business days after the event. If you register to volunteer, but don’t show up for your shift: no refund. You may also consider donating all or a portion of our refund back to The Pete Foundation for a great non-profit cause (that’s also tax deductible!)
If your question is not answered in these FAQs, please email us at email@example.com
Thank you for your interest in joining our team!