The Pete Foundation
Effective January 1, 2017
Welcome to The PeteFest website. The Pete Foundation (“TPF”, “PeteFest”, “we” or “us”) respects the privacy of you, its user. We understand the importance of the information you choose to entrust to us. The policy we present here has been adopted by TPF in order to advise you of our use of your personal information online and your choices regarding that use. This policy describes what types of information we gather about you, how we use it, under what circumstances we disclose it to third parties, and your rights to update or correct it.
SCOPE OF POLICY
This policy applies to all TPF services and applications, including www.thepetefoundation.org and other TPF affiliated sites. This policy does not apply to other companies’ or organizations’ web sites to which we may link. In order to determine how those sites might treat your personal information, you should carefully review the privacy policies of those web sites
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT
We collect information that has the potential to identify you (“personal information”), such as your name and email address:
- When you create a user account, which will require that you provide your name, various items of contact information, and other user profile data.
- When purchasing products from TPF, which will require that you provide a credit card account number, expiration date and billing address and other payment information.
We also may collect other types of information in the following ways when you use our services and applications: Our server logs automatically collect information, such as your IP address, your browser type and language, and the date and time of your visit, which helps us track users’ movements around our site and understand trends.
- TPF uses technology, also known as “cookies”, to identify you when you visit our websites, in order to collect information to facilitate access to our services and to personalize your experience.
- TPF may, from time to time, use other Internet tools, such web beacons, which collect information that tracks your use of our website and services, and enables us to customize our services and advertisements.
- We may also collect data from other TPF properties, from our business partners, and from other third parties. We may combine the personal information that we receive from these and other different sources.
We do not collect personally identifiable information from users we know to be under the age of 13. Should we ever do so, we will comply with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act.
INFORMATION OTHERS MAY COLLECT
From time to time, TPF may allow third-party advertising companies or ad networks to display advertisements on our website or services.
- These companies may use tracking tools, such as cookies, to collect information about computers used to view or interact with their advertisements.
- These companies may use anonymous information about your visits to our sites or services and other sites. This information can include: date/time of banner ad shown, the banner ad that was shown, their cookies, the IP address, etc.
- Some of these companies may be members of the Network Advertising Initiative www.networkadvertising.org, which offers consumers the ability to opt out of ad targeting by all member companies.
HOW WE MAY USE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
TPF may use information gathered to:
- Fulfill your product order.
- Offer products and services that may be of interest to you.
- Customize the advertising and content that you see in our services and applications.
- Send promotions and coupons based on your interests.
- Contact you for feedback and surveys.
- Send you other information about TPF and other TPF products and services.
- Facilitate use of our services and applications.
- Manage your account and your preferences.
- Analyze use of and improve our applications, products and services.
- Identify and protect against fraudulent transactions and other misuses of our applications.
- Enforce our Terms of Service.
We may also use information about you to target advertising while you are visiting our services or using our applications. For example, we may use geographic or other information we have collected from you to make sure that the ads you see are for goods and services that are actually of interest to you or are available in your area. Additionally, we may use cookie files to assure that you will not be exposed to the same ads repeatedly.
WITH WHOM WE MAY SHARE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We will not share your personal information with others except as indicated in this policy, or except when we inform you in advance and give you the opportunity to opt out.
We may share personal information with:
- Service providers, such as credit-card payment processors, performing services on our behalf
- Other businesses with which we partner to offer you services, products and promotions through our site
- Other third parties in limited circumstances, such as complying with legal requirements, preventing fraud, and protecting the safety of our users
Notwithstanding the above policies, we reserve the right to disclose your personal information to appropriate third-parties if we are required to do so by law or we believe that such action is necessary:
- To comply with legal process such as a search warrant, subpoena or court order;
- To protect our rights and property;
- To protect against misuse or unauthorized use of our website or services; or
- During emergencies, such as when we believe someone’s physical safety is at risk.
COMMUNICATIONS FROM TPF
TPF may from time to time send you updates on new features, content, services and premiums available on our Site, or the services we offer. We may also send you invitations or offers for new products and services from TPF, or special offers from our affiliates and our sponsors. These communications are sent to you directly from TPF. We do not share your personally identifiable information with any third parties in connection with these communications.
You can always decline these communications by un-checking the opt-in box on the account notification page on our site or by contacting us at the address below.
TPF reserves the right to communicate with you from time to time about important administrative, policy, legal, credit card, and billing matters, which will affect your use of our web sites, including without limitation any alleged violations of our Terms of Service. These communications are mandatory.
At any time, you can change choices you have previously made as to use of your personal information. You may choose:
- Not to provide personal information, although that may result in your inability to obtain certain services or use certain features of the Site or of our services;
- To stop receiving promotional emails or newsletters from us by sending an email to the contact address at the bottom of this policy;
- To delete or decline cookies by changing your browser settings, although if you do so, some of the features or services of our applications may not function properly; and
- To review and update your personal information by contacting us at the email address below.
We take appropriate physical, electronic, and other security measures to help safeguard personal information from unauthorized access, alteration, or disclosure.
SALE OF OUR BUSINESS
In the event that TPF is ever sold, acquired, merged, liquidated, reorganized, or otherwise transferred, we reserve the right to transfer our user databases together with any personally identifiable information contained therein, to a third party acquiring our assets. In the event we do so, we will place a notice of the sale on the home page of our site, with links to information as to how you can change your privacy preferences.
HOW TO CONTACT US
The Pete Foundation, 2323 Lime Kiln Lane, Louisville, KY 40222